Dreams! But no drive to achieve them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams! But no drive to achieve them

I've only been here for a little over a year. I have a lot of questions that I would appreciate help answering, so I'll begin with this one. I also tend to ramble, so I'll just begin. As the title suggests, there are a lot of things in my life that I wish to achieve and I'm frankly terrified of not achieving them due to slumping into my typical, banal, everyday activities, i.e. watching hours upon hours of television, then going to work (the work part is unavoidable, obviously). I'm aware of how achieving anything substantial comes in due time, but it is simply too easy to just do nothing and wallow instead. So what advice would you all have for someone who is terrified of waking up as a fifty-year-old and realizing that they haven't realized their dreams and just spent their time fucking around? Even if their dreams range from simple (reading, running, writing) to complicated (fully realizing their potential to be an actor, allowing himself to truly be himself and not be sullied by others' perceptions of him or normality, finding clarity through something other than constant drug use). I don't expect a thorough response or even one related to those mentioned parenthetically since I'm not a frequenter of the forums, but any suggestions like "start making lists," "throw away your extensive tv series collection," or "get your head out of your ass and LIVE," would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure the solutions to my problems are 'relatively' easy, I just have no idea how to achieve them.

Cheers
Working...
X