Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desi Da Drum Lyrics, Meaning & English Translation Amrit Mann

To understand this song you will need to understand the premise. Pauya is a quarter liter bottle of alcohol. In old times home made liquor (desi daru) was made and kept in large drums. In this song he is using the metaphor of Pauya and drum. He is comparing the girl to the pauya and himself to a large drum of home made liquor (supposedly stronger than the regular liquor), and that the Pauya (Girl) ended up knocking the drum (Him) over.

Song: Desi Da Drum
    Artist: Amrit Mann

Desi Da Drum lyrics and English Translation

Na c naar’an da craze munda bahla ghaint si, Ni dukki-tikki tijje din dinda faint si
    Ho jehra thekeyna nu karda c tichra, Laa gai a tu billo kehre kamm ni
    Pauye jidde kadd waaliye, Dhol gayi aa desi da drum ni

The guy wasn't the type to chase after girls.
    Neither was he an addict. Hey girl, look what you have done
    You (with a size of a mickey) have knocked me (comparing himself to a Drum) over

Tu aa alrrh sirre di panj pind jaan de, Ni panje pind jatt di ni hind jaan de
    O ghatt bole ghaat nahio paise dhele di, Ni unchi a hawelli angrej a vele di
    Ho teri takni masoom dekh digya, Akh vaunda si purana jehde tham ni

All the neighboring villages know that you have come of age and they are also aware of my will power
    I don't really need to brag as everyone is aware of my strong and rich background
    I, who is as strong as a large concrete pillar, was knocked over by your pure innocence

Ohnu zakhmi jehre kar gayi eh tikhi eye brow Lammi gutt touch goddeyan nu kardi c jo…X2
    Unjh munda v aa door tak maar rakh da Ohda chacha v suni da hatheyar rakh da
    Ho tere hussna da kaartoos challeya jihne gabbru da cheer ditta cham ni

Your sharp eyebrow and long hairdo won me over,
    The guy also has a long range (the area where he has an effect due to his presence), it is also speculated that his uncle carries a gun
    Bullet of your beauty hit the young man which ended up ripping his heart out

Ho loka waangu raula naiyo paunda sohniye Ni maan tainu sache dillo chaunda sohniye…X2
    Haunsla tu rakh main bhulekhe kadh da Jidden mil gayi tu os din main sharab chhad da
    Ho tenu gonian wala sach aakhda, Fail karegi siyaala wich rum ni

He is not fond of making a huge fuss but have it known that he loves you dearly
    Have some faith, I will clear all the doubts. I will quit alcohal the day you become mine
    This "Goniana" (Lyricist's village) resident is telling the truth that you are better then a shot of rum in winter
Working...
X